Avocado toast for Organic September
This month we’re celebrating Organic September, a month-long campaign to raise awareness of all the benefits that come with organic food and farming.
Avocado toast is such a healthy (yet tasty!) treat for breakfast or lunch, full of nutrients and antioxidants. This meal is ideal for when you don’t have a lot of time to prep or when you’re on the go.
This popular fruit is great for your oral health too as it contains probiotic bacteria, known to fight off harmful bacteria and helping to hold tooth decay and bad breath at bay.
Opt for organic avocados as they contain fewer pesticides, are kept longer in the fridge, and are more environmentally friendly too.
Read the full recipe below.
Makes 1 serving.
Time: preparation is 10 minutes.
- Sourdough bread for toasting
- One large ripe avocado, roughly mashed
- Finely chopped fresh chilli
- One crushed garlic clove
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly toast the sourdough
- Mash the avocado and add in the other ingredients
- Add the ingredients to the toast
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds to finish
Looking for more tooth-friendly recipes? Find out how to make cauliflower pizza.