Expert dental hygiene care in York
Specially-trained dental hygienists at Blossom Dental Care & Implant Studio
We have a fantastic hygiene team at our private and NHS dentist, Blossom Dental Care & Implant Studio and we are very proud of our preventive approach to dental care that successfully maintains healthy smiles for all ages.
If you like your mouth to feel squeaky clean and fresh, then you’ll love our full range of hygiene treatments. They are expertly designed to thoroughly clean and polish your teeth and keep your gums happy and healthy.
Preventive hygiene therapy at Blossom Dental Care & Implant Studio
Our dental hygienists, Teresa, Rebecca and Elizabeth, are specially trained to prevent gum disease and keep your teeth and gums healthy. They also offer advice on dental home care and brushing, providing you with the tools you need to ensure your healthy smile lasts well into old age. Hygienists are educated alongside dentists for most of their training and are experts in their field. Hygiene therapy helps to:
- Prevent gum disease and tooth decay
- Keep your breath fresh and your teeth and gums healthy
- Reduce stains, receding gums, bleeding gums and sensitive teeth
- Reduce your risk of serious medical conditions as gum disease has been linked to arthritis, heart disease, stokes, diabetes and pregnancy complications
Our hygiene team also offers air polishing to help restore your teeth to their natural whiteness. You can read more about this effective treatment by clicking read more below.
Contact Blossom our NHS and private dentist in York to book in your hygiene appointment via our contact form, or give us a call on:
Routine appointment: 01904 654889
Cosmetic Consultation: 01904 653356
Invisalign Consultation: 01904 653356
Implant Consultation: 01904 653356
Air polishing for extra sparkle
Air polishing is a pain-free treatment that helps your smile to regain its brightness and shine while preventing tooth decay and gum disease. It uses water, air and a fine, flavoured powder to gently and naturally remove plaque and stubborn stains from your teeth. This treatment is ideal for painlessly ridding teeth of the discolouration caused by tea, coffee, red wine and nicotine and will return them to their spotlessly clean, natural colour. It is also strongly recommended before teeth whitening, as it will help improve the final result.
- Air polishing is comfortable, quick and comes in a range of flavours
- Leaves the teeth feeling clean and sparkling, and the mouth feeling wonderfully fresh
- Treatment can remove deep-seated stains*
- Improves gum health by removing plaque and reducing gum disease
- An ideal treatment before teeth whitening for maximum results
*Individual results may vary.