At our practice we take complaints very seriously and we try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experiences of our services. When patients complain, they are dealt courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
- We have a team of competently trained staff. The staff names are Kerry Mullins, Practice Manager, & Beverley Langan, Lead Infection Control Nurse. If you decide you wish to make a complaint, ask to speak to one of these staff members in the first instance. The complaint will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence and the team will LISTEN to you and make the relevant decisions to help you
- If you decide to complain in writing, the letter/email will be passed to the Practice Manager, Kerry Mullins.
- If the complaint has any aspect of clinical areas or associated charges it will need to be referred to the dentist, if the patient does not want this to happen they must state in the first instance of the complaint.
- We will acknowledge the patients’ complaint in writing and on request enclose a copy of our complaints policy, normally within two working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days upon receipt of the complaint from the patient to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period which the investigation will be completed.
- If you are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint can be made at any time to following governing bodies;
The Dental Complaints Service Tel: 0845 130 540
General Dental Council Tel: 020 7887 3800
PO BOX 16738
Tel: 0300 311 22 33